Rumor is the COLD is on its way. I know some are very happy with this thought. I do not share that sentiment. But it does provide some beauty that I do like to view. It’s one of the things I’ve always liked about Maryland. It has a nice balance of all seasons. They seem to equal out in duration and they all have very unique qualities.
I just have issues with being cold so Winter is my least favorite. I don’t like the shorter sunlight. I don’t like the bareness of nature but the snow does show something wonderful. Its a peaceful thing. All I think about is the special kind of quiet it provides. Natures sound room.
Winter also brings out the youth in you. Of course, the emergency room business goes way up also. I think I’ll like it a lot more when I’m retired. At least that way when and where I go will be determined by me.
A busy week ahead but with the cold coming, I think I’ll split some wood for some exercise. I know my son can use some for his fireplace. And it’s a nice seasoned pile.
So the rumor has it we have some winter precipitation headed to us on Saturday. Well, bring it on Mother Nature. I got my big winter coat out. We have the prerequisite family SUV with 4 wheel drive. I guess I should fire up the generator and test it before the power goes out sometime this winter.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I’m glad I’m not an Astros, Redsox or Mets baseball fan.
- I wonder if the number of corrupt things in this world finally outnumber those that aren’t?
- That was a good College Football game last night.
- I’ve got to get back to looking for the humor in situations.
- The accident that happened next to me yesterday reminded me how dangerous it is out there on the road. Someone just not paying attention.