A big day in the state of Maryland and horse racing with the Preakness taking place. Also, a very warm one but that is May in Maryland.
I got so busy today and then relaxed this evening I almost forgot to do a post today. So I’m sneaking something totally off the cuff at the last minutes of the day. That’s ok because I’ve utilized the day very well getting some overdue yard work out of the way. And this evening spending some time with my better half so what better way to close out a weekend.
There are a few hours before the workweek starts but not many. So to mentally prepare me for another full week, I’ve decided the first action of the week is to schedule some vacation time in June and July.
I was thinking this last year or two on the job that the weeks would kind of just roll by. And some do but there are a number of them that feel like they did decades ago. I’ve got to get my “short-timer” mojo back so I have the right attitude.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Challenge yourself physically. But be smart about it.
- Nature keeps trying to turn my red car orange.
- Don’t take your senses for granted. They can go away.
- I’m afraid that when I do get my sense of taste back that I might go on an eating binge.
- Time to get shooting again. Think I’ll head out before sunrise. Sleep well all.