Storms to the north, storms to the south, a drizzle of rain here. Lots of thunder and storms around us but we seem to have dodged another one. Only a matter of time till things even out but I’m enjoying our luck so far.
Nothing to duck the next few days other than getting too much sun. And that is a nice problem to have. The hammock is going up outside first thing Friday morning. And I promise you will be able to find me in it for a few hours this weekend.
It’s almost that magical day. One that tests our will and stamina. One of concentration on every move and listening so intently to what is trying to be said is a mental exercise of skill and endurance. A day where quick thinking and alternatives need to be planned in advance. One where a day’s work building a beautiful structure can be wiped out in a second by a 3-year-old playing Godzilla to your Lincoln logs structure.
Yep, it’s watching the grandchild’s day, and it’s something we love and look forward to so much. A smile or thank you from her melts your heart. To answer her questions to her satisfaction or an interesting huh which means she’s still sorting it out. To see the excitement when we have the right things for lunch and snacks. The moment her eyes start to blink in the afternoon, she snuggles tighter into her grandmother’s arms and just dozes off for a few hours.
And then wakes as happy as someone who has been listening to a good comedy routine while resting those few hours. Ah to be 3. Then before we blink and the whole day has gone by and her mother is at the door and we no longer matter because MOMMY is HOME. And it’s the beginning of the weekend and they are off.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I’m getting torn. Luckily we have what I think are two of the best Chinese places in the county with China Taste in Enchanted Forest and Paper Lantern in Marriotsville. Guess I’ll just have to eat more.
- Pulling for Golden State Warriors in the NBA finals. I love the style of team basketball they play.
- This was a relaxed day. I guess we should turn up the evening to balance it out.
- I’m getting better at following through with my thoughts. Still lots of room for improvement but the chart says good work this year.
- I find myself stopping at least once a day to think of the needless slaughter taking place outside our front doors. At the same time amazed we are paralyzed by it.