Just sending out chill thoughts to all of us sweltering in the sunny days of late July. Personally, I love it. As the day soon approaches that I start the engine on the car before sunrise, put the top down, get to the Bay Bridge at sunrise, and then motor to Ocean City for the day and some of the evening.
A far cry from the chill of winter but it’s my own kind of chill. The summer breeze off the ocean. Sounds of waves on the shore. And when that gets a bit warm retire to Dumsers for a cherry ice cream soda to cool the engine. After a sunny day at the beach and watching the sunset at Fagers Island listening to the 1812 Overture, that cool drive home with the top down sucking in the night air.
It’s all how you manage and look at it. I can’t wrap my mind around winter and therefore I struggle and complain about it endlessly and curse it repeatedly. Much to the delight of my friends who embrace the winter. But I do appreciate its beauty and contrast to the other seasons. I just hate being cold.
Be smart today, don’t overdo it outside. But do enjoy that warm sun on your skin. This post was inspired by having to move the snow shovels to get to another tool in the shed.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- The happiest people I know at this point in life have a lot of things to look forward to in retirement.
- I really miss the joy of a pet. But it is easier when we do have pet visitors.
- Time spent with a child or grandchild can be the best time of your life. Their outlook on life is contagious. Everything is possible.
- What is it about a sleeping child that invokes such calm? Oh yeah, avoiding making any sound or movement that might wake them.
- I’m looking forward to a great evening after a little rest last night.