I love front porches. We have a very small one but we use it. We are always looking at other porches and wondering what it would be like to have that space. The older towns we visit seem to be full of them. Like the one below from St Michaels Maryland.
The sun finally showed up this afternoon. This is nice because the afternoon sun shines on our porch and being it’s been raining for 5 days I think I’ll go out and soak up some rays.
Photos by Mike Hartley
Well, that was short-lived. The clouds returned and the sun was gone. Maybe tomorrow.
When I look at these front porches it reminds me of our parents. Where people were content just to sit outside together and watch the breeze move through the leaves and talk to each other.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Watching your grandchildren grow and being part of their lives is a wonderful thing indeed.
- If you aren’t looking for opportunities it’s hard to run with them.
- I can’t wait to take the cover off my car and get the top down.
- We know Florida took a hit but think we are underestimating the human toll it continues to take and probably will for some time to come.
- It’s also a good time to ask some hard questions about Florida’s recovery if it’s wise to rebuild and if so where and how?