I love wading through my old drafts. Every once in a while I’ll find one that I started with a group of photos with nothing written or the other way around, just all words, and I’ll scramble to come up with some words or images. Well I thought about changing the order so this menacing photo wouldn’t be first but this guys gaze mesmerized me. It seems to be both warning and threat. It’s unflinching. It’s locked and loaded.
Then there are the wanting eyes. Pet me, feed me, love me, drop that pizza crust stare. Eyes that look deep into you for that love and support. Eyes that you willingly respond to.
And as I looked quickly at this group it reminded me of when my grand dog is allowed to spend the night and how they are always looking at you. Kind of like saying “will you go to sleep for an hour so I can open and shut my eyes checking on you a few hundred times between now and then.
And then there are the eyes that don’t blink. The silent killers. The ones where you don’t see the eyes till it’s too late. The dead eyes that have no soul. Well that might be a little harsh. Have you ever seen a gator have its young in its mouth. The eye you’re looking for below is just to the right of dead center.
Random Thoughts for Wednesday December 16th 2015
- Everyone stay calm, its only Hump day. Oh, I took a day of vacation. Well what the hell, time to celebrate.
- Wish I was in Mexico with my brother on a real vacation.
- You know, you can be vacation happy no matter where you are. It’s a frame of mind.
- Time to heal starts Friday.
- Getting the right gift involves the right thought.
- I am so lucky. I have a great support system.