One of my best friends sent me a picture of a RibEye on the grill yesterday and of course, that inspired me to fire up my own grill today. So I did some scallops on the grill and they were very tasty. Good thing we went with grilling them out because BG&E was back at work in the neighborhood and another 2-hour outage which is really cramping my workday.
What is strange about BG&E is not that there are outages. Not that we don’t expect things to take a while sometimes when there are multiple areas affected by storms. There is no surprise to see out of state power crews around like we had today replacing a transformer in our neighborhood. What is surprising is the lack of communication or details about the work going on.
For instance, they knew they were going to be taking our service down today. Did anyone get a heads up? NO. The guys in the trucks gave me time estimates but BG&E never did even though I asked for status updates. We have all this communication technology and its not being used or at least properly in my opinion. So unless you can find the power crew in your area doing the work on your outage you aren’t going to get much.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Avoided becoming road pizza today as a huge truck ran a red light and I just caught him in the corner of my eye coming through. He didn’t even slow down. Kind of puts a new perspective on the day. And its good to still have cat-like reaction times in my 60’s.
- Being healthy each day is the foundation for everything else you want to do. Those who aren’t healthy and still do, overcome and excel are to be admired.
- I’m a believer that being mentally healthy is very important for long life. And even if I’m wrong it makes a short journey better.
- If you live each day correctly you have met your deadlines.
- I can’t wait to get my camera back in hands tomorrow and the rest of the week.