I was so happy about the Maryland men’s basketball game and win today, then the news of Kobe Bryant passing along with his daughter stunned me seconds after the game ended. I was with my best friends and it touched all of us deeply. Especially one of my best friends. We have been longtime Laker fans for decades.
I also quickly thought of my Son who has also followed the Lakers for many years. I remembered the day we saw the Lakers and Wizards play together. I remember the huge Kobe poster he had on his closet door and bobble-heads and other Kobe pictures. So I touched base with him to make sure we were good.
The thought of the pain that family and the other victims is now enduring is not a pleasant one. But as I said to my Son, it reminds me to live each day to the fullest. But Kobe not only lived each day he showed how much hard work can pay off each day. He was a lot of things to a lot of people.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Days like today make you think about hugging and telling loved ones you love them.
- Taking 8 second and 24 second violations to start NBA games was a classy move.
- Watching the tributes to Kobe, his daughter and 7 others brought many a tear to my eyes.
- One good measure of a man is the tributes by his friends, family and those he worked with.
- Watching great and strong men struggle with words is tough.