Good day, all. Let’s be thankful we are still here. And if you were fortunate enough to have food on the table be very thankful. I’m sure this is such a different year for many people around the world and certainly in the states. A lot of which might be home alone or just with the family living in the same home.
It might be a really good year to spend some time talking to family. Maybe the separation will make you appreciate the ability to get together and share as a family. Maybe it will translate to far fewer arguments and fights in the future. And then again, maybe not.
Long ago my Mom taught me an important lesson without saying a word. And that was to reach out to people and communicate through the written word. My Mom used letters and cards, and lots of them, I use email when I can’t have those direct communications, but the thing is we take the time to write. We share more than just surface thoughts. We share our hearts. What made her notes great was the positive focus. I’ve got to do that more.
I’m not a great writer or any master phycologist who can help every person with their problems. I just hope I’m there for them to try and to offer support if I’m not successful. It’s nice when you can help. Someone just was nice enough to say thank you for your thoughts and note just yesterday.
I’m just of the mindset more than I’ve ever been on trying to help in a variety of ways where I can.
I hope everyone had the best possible Thanksgiving Day and a healthy Friday ahead.
Random Thoughts of the Morning
- I bet turkey bacon isn’t on many breakfast plates this morning.
- Older people are a great source of knowledge. You just have to make the effort to unlock it because it goes into storage earlier than one might think.
- My body has been hiding a secret. It decided in the last month to try out for the role of Santa this year.
- I tend to get behind on peeling off every day on my daily calendars. But then there are the times I just sit back and laugh at peeling off several days in a row because I like funny calendars.
- Things are better when you focus on all the gifts you have instead of the ones you don’t. It gals me that those who have been given so much seem to complain the most.
- I’m glad my children are patient with me. It helps and reminds me to have patience with others.