Good rainy morning to all. I was teaching my granddaughter about raindrops that were falling on the patio table glass outside and making many waves against each other yesterday. I started singing raindrops keep falling on my head and maybe got a verse out before I ran out of words but I kept humming and she was bouncing up in my arms and smiling. I kept humming it till she wanted to move onto the next thing. I kind of wish I could have remembered the words because I think she likes it when I sing. Maybe the only person. Maybe next visit when it rains I’ll get the words.
Yesterday was very productive. I was proud I was able to still crawl in and out of a children’s tent without hurting myself or destroying the tent. I’ve got several weeks of images moved to the portfolio and I hope to get several more completed. And the house smelled of bacon which I love.
I was able to start a few concepts for woodworking projects and today I’m going to go outside once daylight hits and make some initial cuts with the saw to work on inside later. I feel the creative juices working. Let’s see how the execution plays out. Everyone has to start somewhere. And it’s been a very long time so that bike ride might be an interesting one to start. I’ll consider it a success if I come out with all my fingers attached.
Exercise bands are beautiful if you don’t stress them out. Just like people in a lot of cases. While I’m feeling creative I’m also feeling stressed. I’m trying to remember what is the small stuff and keep putting as much as I can in that bin. But then I turn around and see a pile. I guess I should keep shoveling. I’m thankful that so far to have stresses that we can handle and get through, even though they have been very challenging. I worry though about our children and their children. And therefore every child of someone.
Having age and wisdom gives us calm and knowledge we will get through this if we are smart and thoughtful. We were steeled by the experiences of our own parents who lived through the great depression and multiple wars. There are a lot of families that need help this season though. Let’s help them. Pick one, let your church pick one, donate to an organization that can feed one. And if you’re fortunate pick more than one. And be there for our younger generations, help them be safe and focus on what we have instead of what we might be denied temporarily.
Random Thoughts of the Morning
- I labeled this section Random Thoughts of the Morning instead of my normal Random Thoughts of the Day because one of my thoughts was to try to make 2 posts today.
- I think, if we thought of every Tuesday as “Giving Tuesday” we might be better for it.
- The only thing better than the first Coke of the morning is the second one.
- It also might build a better community if every Saturday were Small Business Saturday.
- I could use a better quality slide scanner. I might have to send a few of the good ones out for professional service. My father snapped some great images when he visited both poles.
- I have so much history to dig through at the same time wanting to create something new myself. Ah, the tug and pull of things to do. Isn’t it great?