Top of the day to everyone. I’ve blinked my eyes and the year has vanished except for a few straggling days. But I hope to make the best use of them and close 2020 strong. In some ways, this isolation is helping me learn a little more about myself. Hey, if nobody else is around I can’t blame anyone for not getting my lazy behind in gear.
Instead of taking the waves standing up, I need to start diving into them. Some years I’ve attacked them but this past year I didn’t utilize my abilities as best I could. So I’m utilizing these last few days of 2020 to build some momentum into the new year. Trying to work smarter and harder, more focused on constant practice and finishing projects and ideas.
There was a couple of life-changing events this year and it will be different going forward. I’m afraid people aren’t getting the message despite all the suffering about how precious life is. If you want to see how little it matters to some, just take a ride in the car.
I think I’ll try to make 2021 count for something more. It’s time I got to thinking more about the environment and helping it instead of hurting it. I’m going to try to increase my donations and if this virus stuff clears I’m going to start volunteering some time. I want to not just be a good father and grandfather I want to be a great one.
I’d like to take a giant step towards becoming a better photographer. There are some big projects around the house to complete this coming year. I’d like to work from home for the remainder of my current career. (that will be a nice one if I can make it happen)
But hell, I’ll be happy just to survive another year, drive to the ocean with the top down and witness some more sunsets on the bay in OC like this or sunrises on the ocean Atlantic ocean in the morning.
I’m going to try to reach out to my last remaining immediate family member again. I hope to get a reply. I worry I won’t. I worry about her. Some people’s lives are far more difficult than others. I’m going to keep trying each day. I just want to know she is safe.
I’ve seen other families struggle with the same issue. Family members separated in many ways. I wonder if people think about when it might have been a different and good time around the holiday season? I know I’ve always missed my parents during the holiday seasons after their passing. But having living family members who aren’t in touch is a different kind of missing.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- There is something enjoyable about going to bed just before or after sunrise, even when your old.
- Listen to the music, and then listen to some more. If you aren’t dancing listen to some more. There you go, move those hips like Jagger.
- For parents watching children and thinking it’s getting overwhelming at times due to the pandemic, stop and think about the time when things are getting back to normal and you wish you had more time with your children.
- Time to get the cameras cranked up again.
- Remember to start easing your pets into a new routine before you have to return to the job full time if you are one of the ones lucky enough to be working from home now.
- Shine on you crazy diamonds.