Having got our vaccine shots on Friday, I still have a sense of guarded optimism. I didn’t think about it much in just waiting for the vaccine, just tried to be as safe as we could. But the thought of just going out and being in large crowds is somewhat an uncomfortable thought.
Plus I believe I have to wait about 2 weeks for it to build the things in my body to make it less severe if I do catch it. With the numbers continuing to rise again I worry for others and encourage everyone to get the vaccine. I was skeptical of flu shots for years and then I started getting them over a decade ago. It hasn’t caught every year but most have been good. And I hope science will protect us again. Having spent time in hospitals for other things, my goal is to stay out of them as much as possible.
So back into society slowly but at least my spring and summer are looking up. I guess we now wait to hear how long these shots are effective for and when the next one will be needed. That’s not a complaint, just a wonder? Actually, I should be feeling good but with the CDC and officials throwing up big warning flags of another spike I have guarded optimism.
Another tragedy at the Capitol with an officer killed and one injured. Then again there is one every day, almost in every town be it an officer or citizen. So much hate in the world and these events just keep coming. It’s hard at times to stay hopeful and optimistic. But those are the things we have to do and find ways to combat this senseless slaughter.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I hid Easter Eggs in the yard for the first time in 3 decades. It was great watching them being found by my granddaughter.
- I thought about it this weekend but decided next weekend will be the first cut of the yard this year. So let’s hope for rain.
- A few good photo opportunities didn’t sneak by me today.
- I wonder if I had been a reader all my life if I wouldn’t enjoy it as much as I do now.
- A family is like a play. Full of characters, sometimes very joyous, sometimes very sad, sometimes both within the same play.