I’m of the age where my friends and I have grandchildren. I’m in awe of a child’s innocence and I see it in the faces of other grandparents. I wish the world could be infected with that feeling. Of wanting to make their world the best possible one. The kind, ripe with opportunity, experiences, and love. One of safety, peace, and people working together. One where life is cherished, and hunger and poverty are the wars fought.
I wish we all would remember the innocence we all had in our youth. Able to find joy in the simplest things. Optimism about the next day and the next 5 minutes regardless of what is happening in the world. Boundless energy accompanied by boundless curiosity.
Well maybe if just a little of that innocence invades my spirit today I’ll be a better person for it. Lets hope for a lot of it.
I took a little mental health break the last few days. Collected some thoughts, threw some others away. I shared some thoughts and hid some from others. I remembered some important people and spent some time trying to help some others. I thought about priorities but I wasted a few hours. I enjoyed a sunset and sunrise. A few conversations with my children and some thoughtful emails sent. Movement on some projects and drawing up plans for more. Even though no production was seen here the behind scenes was busy.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- It’s very nice to hear the roar of the crowds again at events. I just hope we hear the roar of all those voices silenced by the virus saying be careful.
- A few days of rain won’t dampen my spirits.
- If you’re having a tough day – Insert Music.
- The earlier you rise the more opportunities there are.
- It’s funny when people decide they just don’t have time for the family anymore. Well, let me choose a better adjective. I think sad, might be the better choice.