I guess I’m old school, I like a wall calendar. One because I like to look at a month’s view and enjoy a picture on top of it that rotates each month of an interest of mine. For instance, the local garage I’ve used for decades Eakles Auto Care gives out car calendars. NOTE: I’ve gone there for decades because of the quality of work and honesty, not the calendars.
Anyway, back to calendars. I always leave this one next to my desk pristine, nothing added, no chores, no appointments, no birthdays or anniversaries, NADA-NOTHING. All those things are on the computer. Looking at a clean calendar on the wall reminds me to think I’m in charge of that time.
I also like a daily desk calendar that is usually either a Dilbert or Far Side that gives me a daily chuckle. I don’t like work calendars, usually just meetings or due dates or reviews. My better half keeps the “OFFICIAL Calendar” and I refer to that as needed. I’m going to have to get her a bigger one in the future because it always seems so crowded.
So as we enter the month of February I flipped the new page. The 28-31 days each month seem to go by so fast and sometimes it’s hard to even remember what happened last week. But I think I made good use of this past one. I finished reading a book, worked on some carvings, posted each day, didn’t take as many images as I hoped for. I did get organized and started planning ahead a bit.
So much for reflection on the past, time to get busy with today’s future.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- They can lift mask mandates. I’m keeping mine handy and using it.
- Wouldn’t it be nice if we could all stop by our local police and fire stations and say thanks every time an officer or fireman loses their lives no matter where it happens.
- I guess some idiot thought the proper way to honor Black History Month was to call bomb threats into Black Colleges.
- Now that I’m back to working on my hobbies daily, I have to start working smarter in my crafts which means learning.
- The harder I work the more ideas I seem to have.