The first time my better half and I were away for a few days in a good while. It’s always nice when you get to your home and are in that comfortable mode again. Not that the trip wasn’t a lot of fun. It was and staying in a nice hotel and having food fixed for you and partying with friends for a wedding was a lot of fun but the reality in the tune of WORK returns tonight and a packed schedule for the week ahead but we will persevere.
For the short trip, we decided to travel a new way. So we took the Amtrak train to Philly. Hadn’t been on the train in many decades. And given the weather this past weekend in the Northeast it was the best call. Plus I don’t like driving in unfamiliar large cities anymore.
Oh before I forget a Happy Mothers Day to all. Especially my better half, my daughter, and soon-to-be Mother daughter-in-law. I miss my own Mom and Mother-in-law very badly. Also the birthday of someone special who has departed also.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Did you ever notice how some joyous days become more difficult emotionally the older you get?
- A train view of 10 feet vs a plane at 30,000 feet suits me just fine.
- It’s hard to ignore the realities of some lives as you travel through cities like Baltimore by train.
- I think by choosing to ignore a good segment of society, (poor) they will eventually announce themselves.
- The list this week is overwhelming and somewhat depressing to look at. You know, just like any other week.
- I’m wondering if Amtrak has a lot of people riding free? Nobody checked our tickets on the way home.
May 9, 2022 at 2:08 AM
I love a good train trip, so much more relaxing than driving or flying.