I almost succumbed to the ideas of some friends that It might be time for a new rider mower. But instead, I spent a few hundred repairing the old one. And after push cutting the yard last week, it was certainly nice to be riding again.
I find I’m like that with a lot of things. I get cars and make them last double-digit years and substantial milage. I have a few old cameras and many older tools. But they still work so I make use of them. Yeah, the latest and greatest is nice, but I’m happy with my lot in life.
Some people with the nicest things never get around to using them. And some with the least make the best use of theirs. I probably fall somewhere in between. Because most young people didn’t have the pleasure of knowing our parents and their parents and how everything they had was decades old.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Time to make some more prints for the walls and desk and dressers for people.
- I’m really getting excited for our second grandchild coming this year. The first has been such a life-changing thing for me, I’m guessing this will just double it.
- There are only so many sunny days. I make the best of most of them.
- It starts to scare me each time my better half is under the weather now.
- The cover is coming off the go-cart tomorrow. Warm enough for top-down – tan on.
May 10, 2022 at 8:01 AM
RETIRE THAT OLD TRACTOR.
May 10, 2022 at 10:59 AM
Very funny Scott