What a wonderful day. Sunny and cool for August but very comfortable. Today was that wonderful ritual of cutting the estate. And I use the term “estate” in humor. I have a little over an acre of property. And yes that is a nice amount but it looks like a postage stamp when I compare it to some of the spreads I saw on the eastern shore this past weekend.
One of my best friends has a home on Kent Island and we decided to explore a bit. We took a spin Saturday morning and he throws me the keys to his Vette. We tooled around the communities and back roads on the island and surrounding small towns, with a stop at the Owl Bar to meet a friend, before heading back to his home.
Even though I would look at these estates with wonder, I didn’t feel the need or wish for one. They were wonderful homes with great views and sometimes multiple structures on the property. But I would feel guilty not cutting that and contracting it out. So there it is. Rich people will never know the solitude of sitting on a mower for an hour or two being totally consumed by the roar of the motor and blades doing their work and just getting lost in thought.
Oh, by the way, it’s a blast driving a car with a stick and with over 600 horsepower.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- How can you not smile when you see a child?
- A good evening for a ride with the top down.
- Enjoy the next month or two, I have a feeling after that it’s going to get a little crazy for a while.
- I guess I’m at that age where I actually have to start listening to my body.
- I surprised my daughter with the color of gym shorts I purchased recently. I’m glad this old guy isn’t entirely predictable.