I wake on Sundays with such mixed feelings. Another brutal work week again with the job that pays the bills. It takes an incredible amount of time and energy to do it well. It is filled with pressure and stress. But also in the few hours off, another opportunity to create and share, to spend time with family and friends, to do something for others. Another chance to take those images or form those words that become something special. Maybe it’s the week I do some etchings that become keepsakes for my family. Maybe its the week I have an important conversation with a friend or family member. Maybe it’s a hug or handshake that is special. Maybe it will be the kids smile at the Fair that will remind me of them 20 years earlier. This past week has been great and would be tough to top but why not try with all the possibilities.
I have some lofty goals this coming week. There is a Fire Department blogger event on Tuesday that I hope to shoot. The Howard County Fair is in sessions and rolling along and I had hoped to photograph there at least 2 days. I want to do some night shooting and I feel like I have an urge to write again. So much to do and so little time. I’m kind of glad I’ll be so busy this week because looming a week from this Monday is my first blood test since my cancer surgery. And the less time I spend wasting worry about that, the better.
Random Thoughts for Sunday August 9th 2015
- I’m a fairly good shot for an old man without the best eyesight.
- I consider myself a very lucky person today and it’s because of the people around me. Thank you all.
- Remember, your smarter than most of those people who like to argue.
- Corner Stable on York Road gets my 5 star rating for their ribs today.
- The Hammock was a great invention. You should really spend some time in one.