I watch the leaves fall this season with special interest. I think about the cycle of life. I see each one fall, no two letting go of the tree at the exact same moment. I see the color change and wrinkles form. I feel the moisture leaving them. I watch a gentle decent to the earth. I watch them dissolve into the ground providing nutrients for the tree they sprang from.
Today I feel like one of these falling leaves. And like the one in the photo below, I feel like I have fallen on a hard and uncomfortable place. So I’m just waiting for a wind to blow me back to the smooth grassy surface to rest on.
But I’ve been lucky enough to bounce back today. Went for a nice walk with my better half and took a few shots along the way. She makes me feel like a million dollars. Well that isn’t accurate a million dollars has no feeling. She makes me feel like I’m special. And that is a priceless gift.
Just a cute home in Oella below. That is a community I’ve got to walk through more. Besides the trail itself through it.
One of my best friends just wrote me from the beach that he and his better half had enjoyed 2 dozen steamed crabs last evening. Which reminded me of a shot from the beach I haven’t shared yet of a tee-shirt I might have to get on my next visit. I anticipate many more trips to Bethany beach in the future. I like being able to ride a bike and not fear for my life as in Ocean City. I like the quiet. The people are friendly. The beach is beautiful and the boardwalk is quaint. There is good food to be had and beautiful homes to rent.
Random Thoughts for Friday September 25th 2015
- Family and friends have carried me through life.
- I’ve been eating too well lately, time to hit the track and treadmill.
- The jerk chicken at Secrets in Ocean City is very good along with the honey mustard sauce.
- I never buy enough Fishers popcorn. I think I’ve developed an addiction to the white cheddar.
- When you find someone you like working with, works hard and you respect, and they feel that way about you, the work is very easy.
- I think I need to brighten up my office.
- It’s never a bad day if you can shoot a few hoops.