I have to start today by thanking my Fathers again. I’ve looked hard at the photos of my Dad today. In some ways I feel I know him. In others I have so many unanswered questions that its troubling.
When a father passes early there are bound to be those unanswered questions. Those lost lessons. The words of encouragement and many other things.
In some ways his absence has been an inspiration to always be there for my children. I know how much it means to have a father. He didn’t get a chance to teach me what it was to be a good father.
Mom did a very good job though filling in for him. I’ve also learned and taken a number of lessons from my father in-law. And I thank him for that extra effort. Its much appreciated.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- This has been a wonderful Fathers day weekend.
- I will never miss driving to DC when I retire. At least its good practice if I ever wanted to enter NASCAR.
- I didn’t get going on my goal to photograph in the county each day. Good thing I got a to do list and I can try again this week.
- I was telling my son how sad it is that sports stars and even regular players are moving around so much its hard to get invested with the teams as easily as it was in the old days.
- I might be proved wrong, but I think the Lakers gave up too much.
- Does it seem like the roads are in worse shape this year and taking longer to get repaired?
- I would hope the local weather forecasters aren’t gamblers. Because more often than not they are wrong. Sometimes even within the same day.