Ah, the last day of the calendar year. A fresh start for a lot of people. A huge party for some others. And just another day for some. People celebrating, People working. People staying up late. People going to bed early.
I sit here and smile at a few of my past New Year’s Eve’s. There were some parties when we were younger. I remember being young and dancing with my better half and the strong embrace we shared. I think we will just be embracing on the couch this evening and not out dancing.
Today I was thinking about how fragile life is. The more we live, the more we become weathered, we become more fragile. Both in mind and physical abilities. What was a stumble and fall as a youth where you get up and brush yourself off and return to the game, is a serious medical emergency at times as a senior?
I need to change my thought process on most of the activities I do physically because my objective as always is to stay away from doctors and hospitals and rehab facilities as much as possible. And if I pretend that I’m half my age that won’t happen.
Yesterday on the treadmill I started to turn it up a bit fast for someone who needs more of a steady pace to build up some aerobic stamina. Old me would say power through it but now I listen to the body and think long term. I’d like to be exercising a long time into the future without the heart attack in between.
Redefine. It’s good to redefine some relationships over time. All things change. Sometimes for the better and sometimes the worse. Sometimes back and forth if you stick with it long enough. I’ve been stronger in the past than I realized I could be and I hope to draw on that and my creative resources to make this work.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Even if we don’t go out and celebrate it doesn’t mean we don’t worry about those who do. Be safe kids. It’s an amateur night out there this evening.
- With so many examples of people doing the wrong things, be different and do the right thing.
- Messages are sent in many different ways and if you’re not looking you could miss some.
- Be in tune with the people that are important to you. That way you will know when something is right or wrong.
- Wishing everyone a happy and healthy New Year.