I got up yesterday thinking it was special. I think I’ll try to look at each day like that. Helps start off in a more positive light. I really should have an attitude that morning. Work woke me in the middle of the night on my day off. I didn’t sleep worth crap with back pain which seems like I was up every 30 minutes.
But for some strange reason, I woke with optimism and spirit of getting some things done and enjoying the day a little bit. So I opened the shed early and pulled out the tools and tractor and spent the day in the yard.
So today a little fun and relaxing before heading back to work tomorrow. I see a beautiful day ahead today. I think I might even go for a ride and find and feel the breeze in my hair. I always wore a helmet during the decades I rode a bike even before it was mandatory. That is one thing I like with the convertible, no helmet needed.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I don’t need a gym. I have a house and a big yard. And if I feel like that workout isn’t enough I see if a friend needs help.
- The President chastising someone for wearing a mask is setting a new standard for the word Dumbass. Then again that seems to be his mission each day.
- When in doubt ask yourself what your parents would want you to do? Even if they aren’t here to answer they will get a message to you.
- I don’t care if it’s not cool as an older man to wear my baseball cap backward. It saves sunburn on my neck.
- Today is Derby Day. Get your mint julip on at home this year.
- Tough times give you perspective so you can appreciate the good days correctly.