The opportunity to take a long mid-afternoon nap presented itself today and I took it. It was easy sleeping with the rain outside. For a while when I woke I felt guilty because I felt I should have been up working on my interest with the little free time I have. Then I thought to myself, what the hell, it’s not like I nap much at all. Sleep is generally 3-6 hours a day at best, so a little extra to the norm can’t hurt.
I didn’t set out to get more rest today but the longer the day went on the better the idea seemed. I think it’s from my back being tied in knots the last couple of days and today’s relief is going beyond the body but also the mind.
So while not the most productive day I’ll take the rest as a sign to begin the year with a little balance instead of firing out of the shoot. Saturday will be better because I’m going back to the early start. The rains will cease and I’ll get outside with the camera. And if I’m smart I’ll get out early and make a few cuts on some wood to start a few new designs.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- This is the first winter where I have something more to worry about than the cold.
- My goal of reading more was accomplished today. I’m hoping this rubs off on my writing this year.
- You think of winter and you think of snow. The snow is white which is the absence of color. That describes winter for me. So maybe a good challenge is to look for color in the middle of winter.
- Watching the college football playoffs in the middle of the pandemic is strange today.
- The older you get the more you forget about challenging yourself and where you left your keys.
- Don’t let your “to-do list” overwhelm your “wish list.”