I had shorts on earlier today. The first time this season where I could step outside comfortably. And as is usual for March I’ll probably have to put them away for a week or so before the warmth returns. It’s just like that in this month. NIce one day and then cold the next.
I’ll take it though, the nice weather that is. I will allow a gathering of my best friends tomorrow outside for a quick Happy Hour. And for that, I’m thankful and excited about it. A few months have passed since we all gathered and flipped the laughter switch in person. It should be a hoot.
Also tomorrow I sense a top down day on the convertible. I haven’t been out for a joy ride in some time. Maybe my better half will keep me company and travel some back roads and soak up some sun together.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- The past 4 days have taught me the importance of the calf muscle. Who knew mobility depended on them so much?
- I’m glad music still causes me to get to my feet. But some of the gyrations I used to do I have to be careful of now.
- Old is a state of mind that can be overcome. Unless your body disagrees and reminds you who is in charge.
- Bags of jelly beans should come with a warning label not to eat in less than three sittings.
- Getting into my Miata reminds me of jumping into a go-cart seat in my youth. Getting out of my Miata reminds me I’m a few pounds over optimal weight, have a bad knee and bum shoulder, and over 60.