Nothing like seeing your granddaughter after a hard week of work. So far I don’t think her 2’s have been terrible. Actually, a lot of fun, and I love trying to figure out what she is saying. Teaching her new words and other things is a blast. Children make the world a safer place. It reminds us how precious life is. And yet we see such suffering of children daily.
We could do without the rain today but everything needs water. So I’ll accept it and try to make the best of a wet day. Which reminds me I have to put a matt over part of my deck so I have a dry spot outside to sand and carve.
I was thinking about grilling out, but that will have to wait till Saturday or Sunday. The combo of the wetness and not feeling 100% will be the excuse of the day. But I do feel a wave of productivity today and I’ve gotten a good start. I’ve worked on a carving for my Son. I’ve got a number of prints made and I hope to pump out about 40-50 more.
This evening I hope to frame a print my Daughter gave me for my birthday a while back of PaPa and his grandchild but I do have to sort through my pile of frames and mats. Also, I’ll continue to build out my photo site because I found a large stash of stuff I haven’t uploaded yet. So it’s going to be a full evening. I even got both cameras on the tripods set up for some portrait and still life testing later.
So off to the crafts and creation process, which for me is learning at the same time.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- There is a new category to add to my retirement list. – Time in Hammock.
- There are only so many days in a lifetime. Make sure to use the good ones wisely.
- I’m enjoying the NBA playoffs. I just wish I could stay up and catch the late game.
- Cooking shows are additive. Food is the drug.
- I found another advantage of being a grandparent. If they skip their nap I don’t have to deal with the ramifications.
“Taking Time is the only way he knows” TULL