I didn’t spend as much time as I had hoped for at the beach this year. I’ve got one short trip planned, and I still have a few weeks where I can try to add a day or two. So I should start planning something or the schedule will fill up and I’ll be cursing myself for not following through.
I love the beach so much I’ve thought about having my ashes spread there. At least a little of them. I just thought of a goal I need to add to my remaining years. I think I’ll try to spend more days at the beach than the previous year each year.
I’ll get a chance to practice some family photography today when they come over for a cookout. I think I’ll spend the early morning doing some local shooting and if I can get my behind in gear I’d like to try some more night shooting.
But this afternoon when I’m finished grilling and serving and socializing and playing with the kids and dogs. I’ll slide into one of these two chairs with a cold drink, a plate of food, sit back and watch family. But I’ll be wishing that I was still on my feet serving and getting whatever our parents needed. I’ll probably look around where they used to sit. I’ll miss the compliments they threw at the chef. And I’ll miss watching them play and talk to their children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I’ll miss my conversations with them and the hello and goodbye hugs.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- The more people you know that you can trust, the richer you are.
- All missing people are important. Which begs the question why don’t we spend more time than just the sensational stories on it?
- Only the best think they could have done better while the also rans think they were the best.
- A snake in the grass is fine as long as you don’t think it’s a stick.
- I work at what used to be called an honorable profession.