There is a website called Nextdoor. My better half suggested I check it out so I have. It’s not too bad, kind of an online neighborhood for your area, fills a lot of needs, and helps connect people which is always (mostly) a good thing. For the most part, it’s a pretty civil site also but you know it only takes one or two to create a tsunami of conflict.
Actually quite entertaining even though that isn’t its intended purpose, but I do find a ton of humor in it. And below is a sampling of the questions I have found humorous.
You have to join to see all the people participating in your area, but once you’re on it’s good for a chuckle a day. And who knows, you might also find some useful advice and meet some of the people in your neighborhood if you don’t get out much.
Most popular questions:
- What type of snake is this?
- Does anyone know who this is knocking at my door video?
- What type of spider is this?
- Does anyone know why this road is blocked?
- What bent my bird feeder?
- Where should I eat out tonight?
- Is your power out also?
- Where can I take these kittens I found in a box?
- What type of tree is this?
- Can someone help me find my (keys, wallet, phone, car, wife, groceries)?
- How loud are the cicadas today? Are the cicadas getting louder?
- Does anyone want this old furniture?
- How badly do the cicadas smell? Is the dead and decaying cicadas smell getting worse.
- What are the noise ordinace hours in our county?
- Someone’s dog pooped on “my sidewalk, my yard, my neighborhood, my city.”
- Did someone “hear a loud noise, and explosion or bomb?”
- Have you seen my cat, dog, cow, zebra, rabbit, bear?
- Can I shoot a solisiter?
- Where is this or that food truck going to be today?
- Can someone recommend a (every type of craftsman known to man)?
- What type of bug is this?
- Did we have an earthquake?
- Can someone go shopping for me?
- Is there really a bear roaming our area?
- Can you believe someone parked this way?
- Is there a girlfriend out there for my husky (dog)?
- Does anyone have any spare boxes?
- Who is this walking down the street playing the bagpipes? Yes its true.
- How do I keep the deer from eating everything in my yard?
- Did anyone see who (scratched, hit, totaled my car) when it was parked at this store?
- Have you seen this mailbox? Who destroyed my mailbox? Who parked in front of my mailbox?
- What happened to this and that business (that has been gone for a year)?
- Why is that helicopter flying overhead? (Maybe a Goodfellas halucinantion)
- Does anyone know who this abandoned (boat, RV, jetski) belongs to?
- Who’s standing on my corner in a hoodie? Someone call the police.
- Wear bright colors, its deer season soon.
I could go on but that would take out the enjoyment you might find in it. And if you thought the questions people raise are funny spend some time with the answers.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- This is the time of the year my brain flips the swithch and says “BEWARE its colder outside than it looks.”
- There is no day like today.
- A lucky man sits and reflects what a lucky family he has and how proud he is of them. And then they go about impressing him (me) more every day.
- I’ve really got to get back to work in the yard. So you all have a good day.