After a day of hard work yesterday, I thought about relaxing a bit. Relaxing is one of many things that I don’t do well. I don’t sit still much unless I’m hurting or spent physically.
I can’t spend a day or even a few hours in my hammock. I love it and it’s comfortable on my back and I love looking at the sky. I just can’t lay motionless without my mind telling me to get up and get my behind in gear.
Maybe this will change when my time constraints become less restrictive. 45-50 hours a week is a lot of time to get back each week. I hear the hours go quickly when you get to retirement. I’m sure some will be taken up with grandchildren. But that amount of time free seems like a fantasy.
Vacations can sometimes give a short peek into the window, but rarely even then. I think once a decade or two ago I took off 2 weeks in a row and it was the strangest feeling of finally letting my mind unwind. I’ll adapt and hopefully make good use of the time.
Anyway, I hope to incorporate a better mixture of relaxing and tasks today.
Random Thoughts of the Morning
- I wish my backyard subscribed to the theroy that if you cut it less the grass will keep the weeds down.
- Overcast days aren’t all that bad. It could be overcast and wet.
- Learning to be at peace with oneself is a lifetime job.
- There are things I should do today and then there are the things I’m going to do.
- Secret to a long happy life. When you look next to you and see the most beautiful person in the world and they are also your best friend.