For most of my life, I’ve been working towards a future. One in which our family is secure into our senior years and in a position to help our children. Of course, unless you are uber rich you are never safe because I’ve seen some medical stuff wipe out families. And for the record uber-rich or rich are not classes that I could be associated with.
Actually, I’ve made a few mistakes along the way and if I were smarter I’d probably be in a better position to retire. But hey, here we are today. So my focus is on today and tomorrow. And being I’m on the verge of my new career I thought I had better get the proper tools to kick it off instead of working with stuff that is outdated and or ancient.
So I’m going to talk to my better half and see what I can use towards this effort. I already got the OK on the new camera to replace a very old one. Now onto the computer. And now that I’m making much better use of time, the waiting is almost over.
The writing prompt of the day is What is your favorite part about yourself? Well I looked myself up and down and I like all my parts and out of all that bone, tissue, and limited brain matter, it’s impossible to pick a physical part. So I’ll get to the real intent of the question.
My favorite part about myself is when I can make other people laugh. I love that feeling and the ability to do that once in a while or all night and day if I’m hot. It’s so gratifying to see the enjoyment in others. When I can bring humor into my friends and family, I’m not sure who gets more of charge from the laughter, me or them.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I completed a book today. The next one is started.
- I stayed inside today. It’s cold outside.
- I thought about exercising. And then I thought better of it. – yes I’ll double up tomorrow.
- I picked a camera to buy. I tried and its out of stock.
- I’m going to challenge my property tax assessment. In some ways I think I’m about to be taught another lesson of beating my head against the wall.
- I picked another camera to buy. I tried and that one is out of stock as well. I’m not sure I want to go looking for my 3rd choice.