A rather frozen morning in central Maryland. Schools running late, traffic-snarled roads and here I am enjoying life with my granddaughter. I’m appreciating every day of this because she is turning 3 very soon and in a few years school will be starting and my Fridays will change.
It’s OK because another grandchild is on the way so we have some more years of infant and toddler care and LOVE to give and give and give. These are some great times when your children are first having children. It allows me to be the big kid I really am. Well, at least the mind is there, the body doesn’t always like it but I can deal with the pain after they go back home.
I have a goal to show her the classic cartoons. Bugs, Wile E. Coyote, Elmer Fudd, Daffy Duck, Road Runner, Pink Panther, Tom, and Jerry. Porky Pig, Sylvester, Tweety, and many more. I’m trying to pick one out each visit for her to watch in my lap on the computer. We missed this week but I won’t next.
She takes the seriousness of the events of the world and allows me to escape to a place in her mind for a few hours, even though she has been rather clingy to Gamma, I still got a few minutes here and there. She shows me the innocence and how fragile life is. I don’t know what makes people in power do the worst things to other people but it certainly seems to be one of the downsides of power. And those in power can’t be spending time with many infants/toddlers or they might think about acting differently.
Then again, maybe not. Another trait of bad people is no conscious remorse about anything they do. But I hope to surround myself with good people doing good things on this last good weekend in February.
May everyone’s weekend be as sunny as this afternoon here turned out to be.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Watching a bird trying to land on a frozen branch is entertaining.
- One of the great pleasures of life, well at least mine, the smell of bacon cooking.
- I’m in my 60’s and I just questioned if my toenails grow slower than my fingernails. Always had that feeling but had to look it up finally and see if that was just a halucination or the real deal. It is real.
- I don’t even want to hear the news about Baseball negociations. Either play ball or keep your mouths shut. Nobody wants to hear a bunch of rich people whine.
- Tip for everyone. Look closely at your property assessment and request the forms on what rates and items your property was based on. Also what they used for competitive values. For instance when I filled in my pool, they still had that Concrete Pool as part of the property assessment. I’ll let you know if I had any success in this endevor.
- It’s an extra blanket night.