I’ve never been one for street parking. It’s like asking for problems. For instance, I could park right in front of my dentist’s office on Main Street in Ellicott City for appointments, but you won’t catch me doing that even on a rainy day. I’ll use the lot behind the old firehouse.
Because after one walk yesterday I see evidence that this is a wise move. Not that this is any surprise. I see people who can’t control a car or are too busy to feel like paying attention to driving every time I get behind the wheel. Why would I think a narrow city street wouldn’t be an issue.
In some ways, it’s good people do choose to park on the street still. It protects us a little bit walking the sidewalks. But then again you should be ready to duck a flying side view mirror which can easily be sent skyward.
In some ways, it’s surprising to see the remnants of cars on the street, but after hearing tires skid and the familiar sound of metal and glass crunching over the years this mind says to use the parking lots.
But at the end of my observation of this car carnage, I saw a mother and child walking up the street picking up loose trash from the streets of this beautiful town. So people do care, and I hope there are more of us than those who don’t.
Yes, these are from yesterday’s walk, busy night at work so haven’t been out yet today.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Doing good work at the job, bringing in projects, making things as perfect as possilbe just doesn’t seem as important as it once did. Sometimes age is good for perspective.
- If there is a pill for everything why do people still die from illness?
- The song “I can see for miles” by The Who is not an appropriate tune for a foggy morning.
- Food and money have a lot in common. Some people have a lot and some people have none.
- There is no reason to purchase a stairmaster. Life is a big enough climb on its own.
March 22, 2022 at 3:42 PM
The parking lot behind the old firehouse/ Wine Bin is my favorite too – then you get to walk the entire length of Main Street.