What to snack on this morning? I saw some grocery bags come into the house and carried a few myself. But I know from decades of experience to stay out of the way while she puts things away. I take the drinks to the basement and a few items to the basement freezer.
I know you might be thinking eating late at night or early morning hours is just wrong. Well, those are hours I’m up a lot so it’s fuel, just like when people rise after sunrise and want breakfast. My life isn’t defined by traditional meal times. I’m all over the place.
Today is my meditation session. Usually, it’s weekly but given the dry weather, it’s been at least 2 weeks. Now you are thinking what does the weather have to do with meditation? My meditation is spent on the mower. That quiet (noisy) hum of the motor and blades. The sun hitting my body, a comfortable seated position, and relaxed posture. The smell of nature is all around me, with no cell phones or computers.
My mind is free to focus on where I’m going and what I’m doing in life (the mower seems to drive itself). Changes I need to make, things I need to give more attention to. It’s the time that allows me to look at life from a different perspective. To get to the root of happiness. So while some may look at lawn mowing as a nasty chore or something they should pay someone else to do so they can get more work from the office done are missing out.
Random Thoughts of the Day (morning edition)
- Yesterday I listened to my body and it said it was tired, so I let it rest.
- Don’t keep your pictures in boxes. Set them free to your walls and tables.
- Oh crap, I forgot to change my wall calendar yesterday. Looks like August was 32 days long this year.
- Every once in a while I forget. Trouble is, every once in a while seems to be rolling around more often.
- If you like seeing the sun rise and set you have the right focus.