The cruising season is coming to a close. I was talking to one of my best friends who was taking his beast out for a ride this past weekend. There is nothing like a warm sunny day and a convertible. And luckily today and the next several days are made for the top-down.
But beyond that, the weather will be kind of hit-and-miss. And more often than not, the day will start out like the one below with frost greeting you each morning.
So I hope to enjoy the coming warm streak, look for the roads with some twisties and enjoy the last few leaves clinging to branches before falling to the ground.
And while out exploring the wonderful roads of Howard County I hope to find some final images of the fall season of color.
I’m glad I still am not at the edge of the development madness, but it’s approaching fast as it always has been. Living at the southern edge of the county for decades in my youth and now at the northern edge, it’s at least a little peace and quiet. But as soon as you step in your car you know it’s caught up to you.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Writing is fun. Then again I don’t subject myself to reading it.
- I think I’ll get more of a charge donating a few dollars to the Maryland Food Bank than dreaming about what I would do with Powerball winnings and wasting money on losing tickets.
- It is wise to guard against greed.
- There is a lot of shivering ahead if your staying put here in the old-line state this winter.
- The level of entitlement in people is out of control.