I have worked the last calendar day of this year at the job that pays the bills. I won’t return till 1/1 and I’m loving the thought of that. Well not altogether, working New Year’s day and the following 3 nights isn’t the best way to start a new year but that is the way the ball bounces sometimes. I have to store up the positive vibes for the next 4-5 days and have them carry me through the cold month of January.
But let’s talk about the few last days of 2022. I didn’t feel like doing year-end reviews of my posts. I don’t do my favorite picture. I don’t do my favorite random thought. I don’t do best and worst or funny or sad.
What I’m thinking is:
- A year of health concerns that are mostly ending on an upbeat note. And I’m not talking about myself, but I did have some good luck also.
- Professionally another challenging year. Interpret that as you will. Probably a little of both.
- I’m sorry one long-term relationship is ending. I’m happy two other long-term relationships have been restored.
- I don’t need news or statistics to tell me the weather is getting more extreme. I can feel it.
- I’m troubled by how troubled some that are close to me are. But I will be there for them.
- I saw another year of great loss. The pain of the loss of a child. The pain of the loss of a lifelong partner. The loss of old work friends.
- But a year of a special birth. A second one that will call me Papa someday. One that I can also make smile and laugh which is the magic that keeps me young at heart.
- The calendar says another year older, good for all of us.
- I’m glad I’m finally starting to apply myself to some of my hobbies, this included. I always wanted to post daily and I’ve pretty much pulled that off. I was a few minutes after midnight, I think 3 days but exhaustion does set in a few times during the year. If you’ve never fallen asleep sitting up then you got work to do.
Tuesdays Gone – Another one of my favorite Lynyrd Skynyrd songs. And from one of my favorite all-time albums “One More From the Road” And yes Tuesday is about gone but it’s been a great day. I’ve had a partial mental and physical refresh. Listening to this song makes me feel like going and grabbing my better half and just slowly dancing in the basement together.
I’m sorry the video link I gave is from that album in 1976. Before the crash. And if given the choice I will always choose to listen to the band before that tragic day. No disrespect to those who “carried on” as a line in this song goes, but those that were lost can’t be replaced IMHO.
Feeling ready to wear a couple of camera batteries down to nothing in the next two days. I also hope to have that printer smoking by the end of Saturday night.
I just happened to be looking at Google Maps looking at bodies of water in the county and I ran across this unique one. It’s near my home and I saw this on the map and it made me think of that very old joke. What do you call 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? A good start.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I guess the washing machine blowing up on Xmas night was the home’s way of saying we forgot to get it a present.
- I’m fortunate to have my health today so I’m going to make the best of it.
- The weather is not the airline’s fault. But some other things are. I’m just glad I wasn’t traveling this holiday season.
- Can a writer write themselves off?