I think I might have figured something out. Having children makes you old before your time. Having grandchildren reverses it and makes you young again. Well, that is the theory I’m going with today.
But unlike my younger family, I have a finite amount of energy. Don’t like admitting that and I don’t acknowledge it as much as possible. But one thing I do know is every ounce of energy will be loving and participating in their lives for as long as possible.
We made our movie today and she baked a cake. Life is good when you keep it simple. Learning and laughter are good combinations.
I was getting a little concerned talking to a friend about the state of the world we are leaving our children. I’m not happy with it and was frustrated at my remaining ability to make a significant change. And I’ve decided to try to just do as many small things each day. But also keep my eye on that thing that might present a larger opportunity.
I mean with some of the sketchy characters who have been elected, my past isn’t looking too bad. Not that I aspire to politics with the way that mess is. And we count on the government to make the change when really we all are in charge of making it better. So I think I’ll work from the outside in trying to do my part.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I used to think pharmaceuticals, insurance, and energy were the big players in the advertising game. But gambling is making them all look like also-rans. And that is a bit scary.
- There is only our self-control that keeps us from destroying each other. This is also scary.
- You know this might be the last Super Bowl that I have to work. The operative word is, might.
- Got the video camera active again.
- Each footstep in February is very important. If you’re a basketball fan hoping for your team to be included in March Madness.