I like starting a new post right after I finish one lately. Even if I don’t put a title, but just with my first thoughts like this line. I’m trying to get an earlier start on every activity and use time wisely. I’m prioritizing better. For example, my screen time was down 25% last week on that phone.
And today is the beginning of our effort to minimize TV viewing time. Not tracking actual time but for instance. Instead of turning it on when I get up, I’m leaving it off for the first several hours of the day. I’m tired of it getting in the way of more meaningful and productive efforts. Because you can’t be a standout with a mediocre effort.
I would never rate myself as a standout in my field. I’ve met too many brilliant and talented people to know that. I do have a lot of strong qualities though. And you don’t need to be a standout to be really valuable and have a lot of the same skills and talents as those who do.
I’ve been very happy being a behind-the-scenes type for most of my career. But in my artistic pursuits, I do hope to stand out at some point. In some ways, I already have. There are a few photographers that follow along and send some likes and I admire their work so much that it’s flattering that they look at my blog regularly.
But I would really like to accomplish a number of things. I’d like to work more on combining some of the various mediums. I’d like to first create and make things that I hear myself say wow. I’d like to see things I create to make someone else happy. I’d like to have a body of work that my kids look back on and say thank you for leaving us a vision of your life. I’d like to do things that would give back to those less fortunate. I’d like to make things that would bring people’s emotions to the forefront.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I love basketball and I’m sorry to say this but the NBA All-Star game isn’t what it was once. At some point, they completely removed defense from it and didn’t tell the fans. More of an exhibition now than a contest.
- Sometimes being flexible doesn’t pay off. But sometimes it really does and that is cool when it’s reciprocated.
- One of the next crises. We are going to run out of people who want to be police and are good at it.
- I don’t care how much they advertise it, I’m not watching any other football than the NFL or College.
- Used to be I’d never miss a Daytona 500. Now I have very little interest.