I enjoy college basketball, my favorite sport, and my favorite team in all of sports. But March is what makes it unique along with a short season. Regular season games have more importance along the way. The tournament is a win-a-game and advance, or go home, so there is a much more heightened drama and importance of each contest.
It’s played by young people roughly the same age and experience levels. Fans are more into it than pro sports. There is more parity in these contests than in pro sports. The coverage of the month of March is incredible and catches the pure emotion of the players, coaches, and fans.
It’s also a time of year my best friends gather and we put on some grand spreads together with day/night long parties. So to all those watching all the Conference Tournaments this week and getting ready for the Big Dance, it’s time to turn it up.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- The good thing about grandchildren is you remember the fun you had with old toys when playing with them.
- Everything is good with my headphones on and my favorite tunes rocking me out. It makes it easier to forget the unpleasant crap.
- I should have taken up drums.
- I pleased one person today and that was my granddaughter so that is all that matters.
- I’m a big fan of what the Baltimore Banner is doing so far. Might give them a hand when I retire.
- Things don’t always work out for the best and that is just life.