The weekend has flown by once again. And the job that pays the bills is at the door waiting to consume my night. But tomorrow I see many possibilities. I see a cool morning for sleeping in. I see my workroom is free to be a workroom again and some new tools to test out.
I see my camera batteries are fully charged and maybe that will in turn charge my batteries.
Milestones – Hit 25 years at the current publishing job last week. I didn’t plan on working 50 years in this business but it is within reach if my health holds out. Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to retire before that but life has its own plans sometimes. I must say some of my most enjoyable years were with the local papers in this county from 76 to 98
I might be off but I believe this might be the 25th season for my John Deere also.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- There are a lot more people in LonelyTown than you think.
- When you can look back and feel like you had a good weekend, it’s sometimes enough to make it to the next one.
- The best time to be out and about is when nobody is out and about.
- I see some football players have suspensions for gambling issues. The first of many to come in sports, unfortunately. And some may not be caught. I can’t believe how every league crawled into bed with one or the other sports bet operation. I’m also wondering when the number of sports shows on gambling about sports eclipses the number of shows talking about the games themselves.
- I don’t think I’ll ever get used to drinking water instead of Coke.