Do you have a handle on life? I know mine feels precarious quite often. I guess that is normal for all of us at times in our lives. Times of trouble or loss are encountered throughout our histories. I keep thinking there will be a period of calm or normalcy. Well, life and its unpredictable twist and turns is the normalcy. Not the best arrangement for us type-A personalities.
I guess that could be one reason we compartmentalize our lives. Tucking those issues away from the general view. Wearing a smile when turmoil rolls inside you. Even if you have best friends to talk to, there are a number of things people never share or can’t. So we are left to handle those. To wrestle internally, to come to peace with it, or live in torment.
It’s like climbing that never-ending rope. Sometimes you hit slick spots and the effort to maintain momentum upward is tough. But we continue to climb.
I’m starting to not fight it or get disappointed when new struggles come my way. Just another thing to overcome.
Bacon – is one of my unhealthy vices. Sorry but it won’t stop, I’ve moderated the volume but stopping is out of the question. Slow-cooked pan-fried bacon. I sometimes write between cooking a few strips at a time. I’m very good at cooking it just right for each person’s taste.
It’s like that tagline for Frank’s Hot Sauce where they say “I put that $#!t on everything.” That is what I think about bacon, it’s good with everything. There I go, I’m hungry again and I have a few pieces left so I think a grilled cheese and bacon is in order on this chilly night in the northeast.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I’m enjoying the NBA playoffs this year. It’s really entertaining when they play defense, unlike the regular season.
- If you think you are fooling people, you’re only fooling yourself.
- The more time behind the viewfinder, the happier I am.
- Looks like the chances for inclement weather pictures are high for the next several days.
- It’s very possible to hurt for other people.
- Somehow when I grab a piece of wood there is a dust problem shortly thereafter.