Lots of people work holidays. And lots of us take them for granted. Like its just part of their job if they work retail or at a hospital or maybe 911 call centers and the people they dispatch those calls to and many other jobs and industries.
And here we are giving those same people a hard time most of the time. Showing a lack of respect and compassion. And then there is management, with their belief that it’s no big deal while they spend time on long weekends relaxing with friends and family or just doing NOTHING like listening to the water run down a stream.
And what do we get for working holidays? In my opinion, it ain’t worth working them. I think this is true for most who have to work holidays. It’s just another day on the schedule to fill to the company, but to us it’s personal.
Sometimes larger departments or organizations can rotate. But in small groups or companies, it’s difficult at best. I have other thoughts on it but I’ll save those to retirement.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I love warm summer nights.
- The greater the time between seeing my children and grandchildren the more time I spend in thought about them.
- Have fun on the job. There isn’t a rule against it.
- I need a snowball. I wonder what time they open tomorrow?
- Well, let me finish that card for my granddaughter.