Timing is important. I know because I didn’t get the lightning shot I was hoping for below. I know because I’ve missed many shots because of poor timing over the decades. It takes time to get the timing down.
I’m using the tripod more for that heavy Nikon and zoom which makes it more comfortable. And that will come in handy now that we got some warm summer evenings ahead, I’ll be doing some night shooting.
A while back the interface connection on the Nikon to the computer broke. I was bummed because having to send it off to Nikon and the shipping and repair was going to set me back. Then I thought, why not just read the card? The reader device came in today and it works fine and dandy. We are in production again. Not as convenient but workable.
I think it’s funny that time is going to come to an end for another one of my cameras. An old digital Kodak Z812iS which I purchased in 2007. A true workhorse, but when I went to set the date again after charging the battery, I noticed the year stops at 2025. So if I take pictures with it after that it will be as if time had stopped.
I’m trying to get my timing down so I can possibly get 2 posts a day completed.
But first I have to spend some time shooting today. It’s a top priority.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Each time I challenge myself I surprise myself.
- I’m tapping my energy reserves way too early in the week.
- There is rest and there are naps.
- I’ve made a ton of prints from the family vacation. I’d love to bore you all with them but my children are private and I don’t blame them.
- It’s going to be a hot one today. Oh yeah, I love it. Put the top down and take an hour’s cruise later.