There are few things better than waking up and realizing you’re starting a week of vacation. And while it’s not the best weather forecast for the first day it will be a good day regardless.
There is some fun planned in between many important tasks. Actually, I hope to squeeze in a ton of fun. Some quality time with my better half. A few happy hours with friends. Maybe a few road trips or just some aimless cruising on a sunny afternoon. Better yet a 3 am cruise when nobody is out on the roads and enjoy the wonderful highways most people just inch along on.
I’m so thankful my children live within a drive where we can be part of their lives and help with the grandchildren when needed. Those times are so precious but it also reminds me how fast life moves. But vacations allow me some more opportunities which we always take advantage of.
Kids grow faster than the weeds in my yard, and that is saying something. The time to be part of their lives and support system is so short. I think I’ll try to complete a few projects I’ve been working on for them this week.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Time to cut loose. I love manual transmissions.
- Everybody wants a piece of somebody.
- Sometimes you have to look a little deeper for the good in people.
- It’s funny how in business, if you got 3 out of 10 questions right your days of employment are numbered. But if you play baseball and are successful 3 out of 10 times at the plate you are a superstar.
- I worry about some foundations that I thought were very solid.
- I really like this version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.