Pull up a chair and relax a bit, it’s the weekend and we all deserve a break. Then again if you have a two or three-wheel vehicle you should report to Ocean City Maryland if you haven’t already for the mecca of roaring V-Twins.
Yep, it’s BIKE WEEK at the shore.
The sounds of the waves are replaced by the roaring of Harleys and a few other brands. So much so that if you aren’t a biker you will be a bit put off by the thunder of the thousands of bikers in town. Then again it’s quite a show even if you’re not a biker.
I gave up my seat on the bike a good while back. I was tired of all the close calls, some health issues, and limited riding seasons here. I’m no wimp when it comes to weather. I rode a bike year-round for a year. Snow, ice, and all of it. I was so frozen once I couldn’t get my leg down quickly enough when I got home and almost dropped.
And while the seat of my Miata with the top down at the beach is my favorite, when I see the bikes I get a yearning to ride again.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Yesterday I made my granddaughter happy. We made crafts for her Mom for hours.
- Listen to some comedy and laugh. Go to a club and laugh. Or at least smile and laugh.
- Life should be the practice of learning to live better and be happier each day. And then make those lives around you better.
- I found a pair of sunglasses I’ve been looking for.
- Contemplating life is fun. Living it is much better.