Nothing like an early Sunday morning ride along a county road in Howard County to start the last day of the weekend. Lots of joggers, bikes, a few motorcyclist and yours truly plodding along in the SUV. Don’t worry, I’m switching back to a car or bike soon. I miss riding the bike because of how much more I saw when riding. So much that I had a long list of places to come back and photograph. I learned this lesson again while riding as a passenger after surgery recently. I saw things going down that road I would never see if driving.
So now I park the beast (SUV) and get my behind out and walk a bit. Wow, exercise, feels great. Just kidding, I enjoyed it for many years but the last two decades I got a bit slack. Well, a bit more than a bit slack. So I’ve decided to use this recent surgery and weight loss to get back on a better plan. A change to food/drink intake and regular exercise. I’ve been pretty good at it so far.
Today was pretty much the first time in a month I’ve gotten outside for a quick shoot. It felt wonderful. Even though I didn’t come back with much it felt good to concentrate on the work I enjoy again. It did take me to an area I’d like to explore more. The Tridelphia Reservoir. Looks like a good area for nature shots.
Didn’t realize till I got home I had a number of reflection shots. Was just enjoying the moment and trying to remember what seems like a million things I had known when the camera was in my hand. Talk about rusty. No problem, just have to get back in the saddle and work hard at the craft again.
I remember as a youth, this county being nothing but farms and a few small neighborhoods. I’m glad to see some still here and doing well. Remember to get your behind out to the county fair and learn something about it, before Columbia came calling. And the rest of urban sprawl. Not that there isn’t some beauty in the new parts of the county. But some has not changed for the better.
Random thoughts for Sunday July 18th
- I must be feeling a little better. For the first time in many weeks I found myself strumming some air guitar. But I’m miles away from windmills though.
- One of my all time favorite speeches on ESPY awards from 1993 by Jimmy V. I just remembered I forgot to make a donation last Thursday. That will be task one on Monday morning
- Those senseless killings in Chattanooga really are staying with me for some reason.
- The pride I have for my children knows no bounds.
- This week is about reconnecting with FRIENDS.