Wow, what a flying start to the day. At least this is what this photo told me and what my day has felt like. Chores, exercise, work, bills, download photos, edit and upload, exercise again, pack lunch and off to work again. Ain’t life great. How many people mistake this for the drudgery of the day. I’ve been enjoying every minute of it as of late. The opportunity to mentor others at work. The opportunities to spend time being healthy. The ability to get out of the house again at will. The ability to work a full shift and week. Man you can’t take anything for granted.
The only shooting I did yesterday was with my Sons dog and my Son in-law rolling around the floor. I took some sunroof shots and haven’t even had a chance to look at them. Might post them Tuesday if they are OK. I hope I can squeeze in some night shots before dawn. I need the practice.
Random Thoughts for Monday July 27th 2015
- You can meet some very enlightened people in hospitals. You can meet some very brave people in hospitals. If you know someone in a hospital visit them, because it will make you both feel better. Maybe not right away always, but it helps.
- I’m very proud to have been in the Newspaper industry for almost 4 decades. I’ve seen it in its heyday and as some think now in its death throes. I hope it last through another decade, because that would give me 50 years and it would signify the experts were wrong. Or at least partially because papers are morphing with today’s technology.
- If you miss your spouse while your away during the day at work, you’re in love.
- I’m starting to look at each social interaction as a bit more special. And those that don’t work out aren’t repeated. And those that do are appreciated to the heart.
- It’s time for that mid summer visit to my parents grave site this coming weekend. I miss them greatly. I think of them often. Damn.
- The happy hour with friends later this week seems so far away, but anticipation of it is making my happy now.
- A great lunch at Silver Spring Mining Co on Belair Road yesterday. Good food and service. Pay a visit. But be careful crossing Belair road at that point please.