Each day of the week is a treasure. And today is no exception. Even though its littered with work and chores it’s a fine day. I started it off in a why I haven’t in a while. I’ve started the habit of acknowledging people in other vehicles along the way. I mean I’ve got 78 traffic lights each way to and from work. So that is a lot of stops. Times when your just sitting in your car. So I started to look around today. I even nodded to a few people. I started with a few bus drivers. And got instant replies from head nods or waves. And you know what. I’ve started to get smiles. What the hell, I might have to continue this practice.
And another good fortune fell in my lap today. The boys have just scheduled our next fishing trip so life is good. These are blowout weekends with the and they are few and too far between. But we make up for it in fun and laughs. What a crew we are. So in November we hit the Chesapeake Bay to slam some rockfish. I can’t wait.
So I got a shot or two out of the sunroof on Monday to share. Well, didn’t get much through, but these few to share. At least I’m practicing and did get some ideas as I was going along the road. Not real pleased with the first round but time will improve my skills I hope.
Random Thoughts from Tuesday July 28th 2015.
- It’s a shame we are going to spend millions and wait years, maybe decades to kill that Boston Marathon bomber. Rather give that money to the families and put in him general population for a day and see if he survives.
- I’ve got to get my financial house in order. And that is a pretty big order being I can’t even keep my office clean.
- My wife has been incredible in helping me heal from surgery. And all I do is drive her insane.
- Neighbors can make or break a neighborhood.
- I knew my children loved me before I got cancer. But with it they have gotten very good at expressing themselves through words. And it means the world to me.
- Each kiss is special. Don’t do it half ass’ed.