What a great day. Weather couldn’t have been better. I was feeling better. I’ve got to see both my grown and moved out children within 24 hours at our home. I didn’t have to cut the grass, but I did accomplish a ton of chores during the day and I can feel that sun I got on my shoulders. But boy does that feel good. A few weeks ago I didn’t even feel well enough to go out the front door. I was able to grill out to finish the days work at the homestead and I’m thinking about heading out to do some night shooting this evening.
My neighbor said hello as I was putting things away in the shed and he asked how it was going. I said I’m a bit sore from doing some things I haven’t in a while. He smiled and says “it feels good, doesn’t it?” And I had to reply yes. I’m trying to make it a priority to remember how fortunate I am each day and that exchange helped me. Thank you neighbor.
Today’s opinion – ran across this shot of the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. And it reminded me of the gun violence this city has been dealing with far too long. The city will not heal and not move ahead till poverty and inequity are addressed. And it’s likely to get worse the larger the divide between haves and have not’s gets.
The Rusty Scupper in the Inner Harbor of Baltimore has a killer Sunday Brunch. I just need to lose another 10 lbs before I think about going again.
Random Thoughts for Saturday August 1st 2015
- I’m changing my ways because I want to live longer.
- Older people are not into disposable societies.
- With the advent of technology and the electronic signature. Does that mean we are going to become so lazy and have to use an X because it will be so far between having to sign something that we will forget how to write?
- Share your expertise with another. It will come back to you.
- Just how many BBQ shows are on TV now?
- Sometimes the anticipation of going on vacation is almost as good as the start of vacation.