Those were some rains yesterday and last night. I should get my backside outside in that and learn to shoot foul weather pics. But instead I decided to tinker around in my basement which becomes my makeshift studio. Never really thought or practiced studio shots before. I’m hoping to learn by shooting more. Anyway I also found a few close-up filters that were so old I had to clean them a few times before even using them. I’d say they had to be about 45 years old to be exact. And being I didn’t have much money back then the quality of the glass is suspect. I even stacked them at one point, but its good to experiment.
Well lets see. I’ve misplaced (forgot where I stashed them) the different color background paper I had. Strike one. Lights, still don’t have that setup. Strike 2 and no shutter release – strike 3. Guess I could use the timer option but I don’t know that function on the camera yet. Tripod-check, table-check, camera-check, seashells-check. So you get what you have above.
Lets see if I can so something more creative in the future.
I was a little slow and didn’t have enough lens to catch this guy well over in Columbia at the lake the other afternoon. Guess I’ll have to concentrate on the Hawks up this end of the county.
And I see I left out a few other shots of the walk around the lake also. So to bore you further.
Beside me lays the output of a book I started to write about 6 1/2 years ago. I like the concept, I like the stories and ideas. I like the reason I started to write it. I like the effort I put into it till I forgot why I was writing it. Then it languished in never-never land till I output the contents of what I had to date to paper last week. The reason for writing it was re-inspired recently and this time it will not languish in never-never land. For today I begin again anew. And that is probably better because the first draft needed a lot of refinement.
Random Thoughts for Sunday September 13th 2015
- I wish I had published Saturdays Random Thoughts below Yesterday.
- Stop dreaming and take action.
- Each time I go to the doctors, I see a ton of people who must feel like me thinking “If I could only stay away from the doctors.” And that in itself is a very odd thought because they are wonderful people who only want to heal you.
Random Thoughts for Saturday September 12th 2015
- Yesterday 9/11 would have been my Mom’s 92 birthday. I miss the excitement I would feel about that day and seeing her.
- Yesterday 9/11 was a great day of tragedy and triumph for the USA.
- Yesterday I did as Jim Valvano suggested in his quote – “To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that’s a full day. That’s a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you’re going to have something special.”
- Yesterday is a Beatles song I downloaded Yesterday.
- Yesterday I loved my wife. Today I love her even more.