Spending time enjoying the change of seasons again today. The same can be said for Monday because this kid is on vacation from the job. And boy do I need it. I needed to take a break from the job that pays the bills. It’s intense and challenging and chaotic. It comes with a brutal commute and it’s always a long day. And if one isn’t careful burnout can be quick and complete.
I’m not much on Anniversaries but my wedding and work anniversaries are two that I observe. Today is our 35th wedding anniversary and I couldn’t be a luckier man. As every married person knows or should know, it’s filled with a lot of rolling hills. But behind it is beauty, love, patience and peace. At least the healthy ones. And I thank my better half for carrying on the beauty, love, patience and peace parts.
So here are some electronic roses for my beautiful wife, happy anniversary. And thank you for all you have done and continue to do for me.
Random Thoughts for Sunday October 25th 2015
- Sometimes you have to look for beauty. It’s out there, it’s around you, just move your head and open your eyes. It doesn’t have the be the colors of the change of season. It doesn’t have to be a model on a runway. It doesn’t have to be that $50K car. It can be as simple as a phone call from your children. I can be a kiss from your loved one. It could be a simple smile and hello from a stranger you pass in a hall. You just have to be open to receiving it.
- Football is a brutal sport. Its our modern-day Roman Colosseum.
- You don’t have to guess who your friends are when times get rough. They are the ones standing beside you.
- I’m not making my goal of getting enough rest. I think I’ll crash early this evening and sleep on the problem.
- I still like the old thermostats with the dial and switch for off, heat, cold. My eyes are too bad to see these small digital displays on the new ones.