One thing that always amazes me is the ignorance of some people on the road who will not pull over or out-of-the-way for emergency vehicles. I’m stunned by the selfishness of that act. Probably the same people who would try to sue the department if they were more than 60 seconds responding to an emergency of their own.
They should start putting video on those vehicles and sending tickets for failure to properly yield to an emergency vehicle. I’m hoping school buses get them also.
I did see something the other day though with a school bus that worried me. A bus pulled over picking up kids without its lights on. Clearly an oversight by the driver but I would think that there would be a safety device that wouldn’t rely on the driver. For as many times as they open and close doors I’m sure it happens more than we would like to think.
So, what is up with the hydrant. Hell if I know. Found it in a stack of Annapolis photos and it had some color contrast so there it is.
Random Thoughts for Wednesday November 18th 2015
- Working with younger people reminds me to be excited about learning again.
- I have to make writing a priority to get any better at it.
- So many ideas, so little time, to turn them into reality.
- It gives me peace of mind to see my family and friends happy.
- It feels good to get productive again on my personal goals.
- It’s going to be a special holiday season.
- Respect is what I would like to teach some people at work but I think it would be a wasted lesson for those who can’t give it will never earn it.